Sunday, July 8, 2012

Heading Into Week 8

I continue to get good results with P90X! I have 3 more days of week 7, then I am into week 8, rest week.

So far I have dropped about 12 lbs. Not really my goal but I did need to lose some fat around the midsection. I am showing good definition in most body areas, but not building a lot of mass. Though this is a program about overall fitness, not so much about building mass.

I have tried to incorporate much of what this guy suggests related to supplementation:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/supplements-to-grow-on.html

Supplementation is ON TOP of eating enough calories, not instead of. So if you do take this guy's advice be sure you are still getting lots of whole food calories. Try to hit your goal caloric intake, whatever that might be. But avoid processed foods or junk foods.

Headed into the final month of P90X, I've decided that when I am done I will repeat another 90 days! Now that I am more proficient at the moves, and getting better about staying with the DVDs, I think months 4-6 will be where I see the biggest changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment