Monday, August 1, 2011

Week 20 Workout #1

After skipping Fridays workout due to my left hip flaring up during Wednesday's workout, I was a little concerned about the 230 lb squats tonight. But after the first work set, the rest of the sets felt easy.

So for the squats at 230 lbs, I completed 5x5.

Now on to bench press, at 130 lbs. I had failed the last two times at this weight. I was a little leery about my chances because Sunday I had worked hard and had some muscle aches from freeing my garden tractor from our ditch. I ended up deadlifting the back end of the tractor, something I am not sure I could have done before Stronglifts!

The warm-up sets felt hard and I my confidence began to wane. The first couple of sets felt really difficult but I completed them. I remembered to squeeze the bar hard and to act like I was trying to bend it. The last rep of the last two sets came difficultly, but I completed 5x5! On to 135 lbs on Friday!

150 lb barbell rows. Remember I wasn't happy with how I did these last time, but I was able to complete these with relatively good form. The form broke down a bit on the last couple of reps of the last couple of sets, but I completed 5x5. That's the good news.

The bad news? My hip pain flared up again during the rows. And it stiffened up on my on the ride home. I'll have to keep an eye on it, but 250 lb deadlifting might not happen Wednesday at this rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment