Monday, July 25, 2011

Week 19 First Workout 1

225 lb squats, 130 lb bench press, 150 lb barbell rows.

225 lb squats, though a couple of the reps were tenuous, I was able to complete the 5x5. A couple of the reps I was down a while, but was able to fight it and get the squat! It felt great. 225 lbs didn't feel nearly as heavy as 215 lbs used to. And adding 50 lbs after the 5x5 and doing a walkout is working great. I feel stronger than ever on my squats. At this rate I should be able to continue to progress. I would love to be over 250 lbs before another stall.

130 lb bench press. Didn't feel as good as last week. Struggled on the 5th rep on almost every set, and just couldn't power the last rep up. So I went 5-5-5-5-4 again! Hopefully Friday will be the charm.

150 lb barbell rows. Wasn't happening tonight. Went 3-5-5-3 on these. My form wasn't great. I will try the next two times at this weight but I think a deload is in my future!

Felt great on squats, alright on BP, and terrible on rows. A so-so workout.

Not sure I've mentioned this but last week I started doing 1000 mg of L-Glutamine in the morning and another 1000mg before bed. Maybe that is why my squats are progressing again.

Also, saw a guy doing 435 lb squats at the gym today, though he wasn't going quite parallel. Impressive none the less.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Archer on busting that Squat benchmark!

    ReplyDelete