Thursday, July 7, 2011

Week 16, Midweek Workout

So yesterday afternoon I hit the gym for my workout. 205 lb squats, 100 lb overhead presses, 210 lb deadlifts.

On squats I did two warm-up sets, 135 lbs and 185 lbs. I then went into my work sets, resting for 4 minutes between each. Concentrated on form. 205 lbs felt heavier than I remembered it. Since I plateaued at 215 lbs I am worried that deloading isn't going to work and that I am going to stall at that weight again. That is rather disappointing as I had hoped to hit 250 lbs before having to switch to 3x5.

100 lb overhead presses were, as expected, challenging. Now that I am not doing the push press (didn't realize the difference) I was still able to do the 5x5, but the last rep of the last two sets was a struggle. I did get the weight up though and now I move on to 115 lbs, my plateau weight from before, next week.

210 lb deadlifts were challenging. In fact, I don't remember 210 lbs being so heavy last time I was at that weight. For historic purposes, I was progressing nicely on this lift until I hit 240 lbs. I stalled twice and mistakenly considered that a plateau and deloaded. I then deloaded voluntarily following my Florida trip. I am considering all of that one legitimate deload. If I plateau again, I will deload and switch to adding 5 lbs instead of 10 lbs. Again, this is disappointing as I was hoping to be much closer, or even at, 300 lbs before I changed this.

I have tracked my nutrition the last two days. While my calories are about where I had wanted them, my protein is down 10-20% from my target. I hope to fix this by upping my whole milk consumption. I am going to try to do 1/2 GOMAD, which is 64 oz of whole milk a day. Right now I am at about 40, so I need to get two more 12 oz glasses of this a day. This will add 600 calories and 32 grams of protein to my consumption.

I weighed myself last night. I consider it unofficial since I don't do my official weigh in until after my next workout, but I was a little over 188 lbs, and the body fat reading was 16.3%. That is probably more like 19% since the scale isn't very accurate on its body fat measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment