Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Nutrition: July 5th, 2011 Eating Log

I got this idea yesterday when I was blogging about my nutrition. To take a day, log what I ate, and then try to estimate the calories and figure out how much I took in. So here goes:

Got up at 5am to get ready for work.

6am: 8 oz whole milk, serving of ON's 100% Whey powder, 1/2 cup of quick oats.
Estimated calories: 406
Running total: 406
Estimated protein: 38g
Running total: 38g

9am: packet of GV Baked Apple instant oatmeal, 1 serving of cottage cheese, 1 banana
Estimated calories: 308
Running total: 714
Estimated protein: 19g
Running total: 57g

12am: 2 grilled chicken breasts
Estimated calories: 329
Running total: 1043
Estimated protein: 103g
Running total: 160g

3pm: baked sweet potato, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 tablespoon Olivio, cinnamon
Estimated calories: 213
Running total: 1256
Estimated protein: 2g
Running total: 162g

6pm: 8 oz. kielbasa, 4 servings baked beans, 1 avocado, 1 tomato, 1/4 onion, 1 tblspoon olive oil, 12 oz of whole milk.
Estimated calories: 1443
Running total: 2699
Estimated protein: 68.5
Running total: 230.5

9pm: 1/2 serving ON Serious Mass, 12 oz whole milk, 1 banana
Estimated calories: 934
Running total: 3633
Estimated protein: 38g
Running total: 268.5

That was my day yesterday. 3600+ calories, 268 grams of protein. At 185 lbs, and being severely ectomorphic, my goal is a minimum of 3700 calories, and I want to be at 2X grams of protein, or 370 grams.

As you can see I fell short of that. If I add 3 more glass of milk a day, that would put me at an additional: 612 calories, and 36 grams of protein. That would get me closer to my goals.

As you can see, I am taking in 6 times a day already. I could eat more at various sitting, but when I do that (eat more for lunch) it seems I can't eat as much as dinner. And so the struggle goes!

Also, the dinner I ate was not ideal. Kielbasa is processed meat. Baked beans have a a lot of sugar in them. But it is what the wife made last night so I ate it, along with Rachel Ray's avocado and tomato salad (which is really really good!). I try to avoid the processed meats, and try to limit my sugar intake.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Archer,

    If you go here

    http://www.prevention.com/health/home

    and go to the far right hand side of the purple bar there is a link to My health Trackers. That link leads to a excellent calorie log you can create and track your intake including your macros (protein,carbs,fat)daily, weekly and monthly.

    It has the caloric and macros for what seems like every food known to man in it's database to use for your log, and you can create custom foods as well. For instance I created a custom food for my protein shakes using the info on the back of the protein then adding in the fruit or milk I add to it.

    I've never read a single article on the site but I have yet to find a better or easier food log to use.

    ReplyDelete