Thursday, July 14, 2011

Midweek 17 Log

215 lb squats, 125 lb bench reports, and 135 lb rows.

The squats were feeling so good! I powered through the first four sets. And was confident I was going to conquer the 215 lb level. Then on the very last rep I just couldn't bring the weight back up. So I went 5-5-5-5-4. I think that I will get past this with the third try. Then hopefully my strength gains will let me continue to progress.

Bench press. YES! All 5 sets of 5 at 125 lbs, my previous plateau, and really never in danger of not completing them. I was a little rushed because the gym was closing at 10. I started these at 9:30pm and wanted to be done by 9:45pm to have time for rows. It was so satisfying to lift that last rep! Again, hopefully I will be at the 135lb level (or higher) with 2 45 lb plates before I have a stall again.

Rows. 140 lbs. Been at this weight before. Due to time I couldn't rest, or warm-up, and I had to rush these. On a few reps my form was crappy. But I think I will advance to 145 next time because I've been at these weights before.

Overall, a good work-out considering that I was rushed at the end. Weighed my self last night and came in at 188 lbs even. So the nutrition continues to be doing well. Wearing a pair of 34" pants today that tend to run small, and they are still comfortable!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the 125lb bench! Always a high to break through like that.

    ReplyDelete