Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Week 13 Begins, Realized Something Reading Mehdi

First, I worked out last night even though I didn't feel like it. I worked 13 hours on Saturday, then I shot an archery tournament, in the heat, on Sunday. Needless to say I was spent Monday. Got up went to work Monday, came home and cut the grass.

I was really tired and unmotivated but Mehdi's words stuck in my head: you have to do it whether you want to or not. So I dragged my butt into the gym, and did my full workout.

First squats. 210 lbs. Completed all 5x5. These are becoming taxing, and I had to rest a good 3-4 minutes between sets. Also, when they are finished I really don't feel like doing any other lifts. But the sense of accomplishment is incredible. I want to hit 300 lb squats by September, we'll see if that is realistic or not.

Then bench press. I went 5, 5, 4, 3, 1 at 125 lbs. I might be able to complete the 5x5 at 125 lbs on Friday. We'll see. This is also where I learned something new. I had the mistaken belief that stalling twice in a row meant you deload by 10%. Wrong. It is if you stall at the same weight 3 times in a row. So I will be staying at 125 lbs again instead of deloading. Also I have decided to treat the lifts I've deloaded on as not deloading, since I did it in error. Remember, two deloads mean you change from 5x5 to 3x5.

135 lb barbell rows? 5x5, no problem with good form. Felt good doing these with the 45lb plates on the bar, not having to stack other plates on the ground to get the proper height. It makes it easier to drop the weights quicker when you don't have to do it accurately. I think I can go for a while on these now, adding the requisite 5 lbs per time.

Continue to struggle with nutrition. It seems so hard to eat right, and to eat 3000+ calories per day. But I continue to try. Whole grain pasta and brown rice seem to be the best options, but there is only so many times you can eat that. Praise be to God that I have venison I can supplement with. I also continue to do a lot of fish and chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment