Monday, June 27, 2011

Back To The Gym

After a week off because of a business trip, it is back into the gym tonight. I am very excited to get back. After 14 weeks on Stronglifts 5x5 I am very happy with the strength gains I've made. I decided prior to my trip that I would deload by 10% on all the lifts. It is a legitimate deload on squats, bench press and overhead press. So if I deload on those lifts again will go to 3x5 on those.

I haven't had a legitimate deload on deadlifts and barbell rows yet. I deloaded after 2 failed attempts at 240lb on deadlifts, but a legit deload comes after 3 failed attempts. Also, I voluntarily deloaded on barbell rows to work on form. But prior to this break I had failed to complete 5x5 on the other 3, 3 consecutive times. So those deloads are legitimate.

Nutritionally, I continue to do much better with the inclusion of the Serious Mass powder. During my trip I wasn't able to eat as often as I would have liked, but I was able to continue with the whole foods, and with getting a good calorie count. I believe I only lost 1 lb last week. So now I am back to my regular routine.

Can't wait to lift tonight! 190 lb squats, 110 lb bench press, and 125 lb barbell rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment