Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Week 11, Workout 1

Hard to believe that I am into week 11 already! And hard to believe it has been a week since my last log entry. So here is what happened.

On Wednesday I stalled on squats at 175. I went 5,5,5,5,3. However, I have continued to progress on every other lift after deloading on the overhead presses and barbell rows. I worked out Saturday morning (couldn't on Friday night), and completed the 175 lb squats no problem. And deadlifted 230 lbs! Overhead presses are back up to 95 lbs, and I completed them. Of course 100 lbs is where I stalled twice on overhead presses.

Yesterday I did 180lb squats, and 120 lb barbell rows, completed all 5 sets of 5. On the bench press, my first stall. At 120 lb I went 5,5,5,5,4. Just couldn't complete that last rep. I am looking forward to tomorrows workout to see how I do on the deadlifts at 240 lbs. Deadlifting is definitely becoming challenging. My goals are to squat 200 lbs or more, and deadlift 300 lbs or more by July.

I was right, I stayed at 179 lbs (actually down a lb from the week before), and 15% body fat. I do have another weight gain powder coming, having completed the meal replacement stuff I was using. There just wasn't enough calories in the meal replacement. We'll see how the next couple of weeks go once I get the powder. Other than that I have been doing well on the whole foods, and have stuck to it pretty strictly.

No comments:

Post a Comment