Friday, March 18, 2011

I Am So Excited

And I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!

Years ago I used to go to the gym. I'd run 2 miles, then I would do workouts on various machines. I hated it. I would dread going. Everything about it was boredom and drudgery. I'd spend 1 1/2-2 hours and never felt like I was getting any bigger or stronger.

I let that membership lapse and never really regretted it.

Then I stumbled across Mehdi's site http://stronglifts.com/ and the clouds parted. The sun started shining, and a rainbow formed. Okay, I exaggerate, but I could tell from the get-go that this was finally a weight training program I could do.

So I am into workout number 3. 55 lb squats. 50 lb bench presses. 70 lb barbell rows. I cannot wait. Never have I looked so forward to working out before. I can't wait to get to the gym. The only reason I looked forward to it years ago was because there was a Hawaiian Tropic model that would walk the track as I ran it. (Hey, I was single back then!)

I will report over the weekend on my progress. Today I have little to no soreness nor tightness. I thank Mehdi again for the great advice. On Wednesday, due to my thighs being so sore, I considered skipping. Then I found this post by Mehdi: Soreness: Train Through It or Take a Day Off? I was back on track, and Mehdi was right. Training through it helped in recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment